Our 88th Anniversary in 2016
For club information contact Ken Weber at email@example.com
The first meeting of the month is the first Monday and includes a short business session and a program devoted to some aspect of stamp collecting.
The second meeting of the month is the third Monday and is a stamp exchange. Visitors are most welcome at all our meetings.
The last Monday of each month is our Executive Board Meeting and members are welcome.
- We issue a monthly newsletter containing club and general philatelic news.
- We are a chapter of the American Philatelic Society (APS) and a charter member of the Federated Philatelic Clubs of Southern California (FPCSC). We are the home club of collectors who are or have been officers of the FPCSC and the APS, the nation's largest group of stamp collectors.
- We have conducted periodic workshops for a limited number of participants on more technical aspects of collecting; watermarks, stamp identification, stamp separation and philatelic literature, to name a few.
- We have forms to help spouses of deceased members dispose of collections lovingly put together over the years. The forms are available to members only.
- We run an annual Youth Stamp Fair in Ventura in October that is becoming more and more popular and we are proud to be helping young people enjoy and share our hobby.
- We used to have an annual philatelic exhibit and stamp dealer bourse; VENPEX. Admission was free. Philatelists exhibited their stamps from around the world and we had awards of Grand Prize, Gold, Silver and Bronze with appropriate trophies for each. We hope someday to have enough volunteers and a chairman to reopen the show.
|Date:||1st and 3rd Monday of Every Month|
|Place:||Church of the Foothills, Education Building|
|Address:||6279 Foothill Road, Ventura, CA (3 blocks East of Victoria Ave.)|
Adults - $25.00
Junior Members (under 18 years of age) - $12.50
Spouses - $12.50
Members joining after October pay $25.00 and it covers the balance of the year and all the following year.
For more information please contact VCPS, P.O. Box 7042, Ventura CA 93006-7042;
To join, fill out the Membership Application on this site.
|Vice President:||Leon Scruton|
DIRECTORS AT LARGE
Youth Stamp Fair Chairman: John Weigle
Newsletter Editor: John Weigle